IBCA Guidelines for Product
ID, Labels and Shipments
Chain Foundation Guide
– Information flow in the supply chain, How to use the documents
Chain Overview and Benefits
The Labeling Project
- Understanding The GS1
Label Implementation Guide
- Implementing a GS1
System Labeling Project
- Implementing Serial Shipping
- Bar Code Print Quality
for Product ID, Labels and Shipments
Vital Items: Item Information
Consistent, accurate item information is vital to buying,
selling and inventory functions. This section deals with elements of information
and the ways to pass them to partners in the supply chain. The information
includes product description, dimensions (weight and cube) selling units and
material safety data sheets (MSDS).
What does it provide?
communication between partners.
Clear communication to consumers.
a variety of errors.
Elements For Success
- Core or essential field definitions
and recommended additional fields.
brief description (15 characters or less) is needed on the carton label to help
warehouse people and to be printed on the sales receipt for customers.
- The first 15 characters of the description should identify
the product. Include Product Category, Color and Size. Full description should
not exceed 30 characters.
- If unit or product content included in description, it must
be specific and accurate.
- Use standards descriptions whenever possible. Use Standard
- Use Standard Price & Units of Measures Abbreviations
- Each = Consumer purchased quantity.
- Accurate and standard Material
Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
BACK TO TOP